Monday, March 15, 2010

Getting Ready for Little Essie

So... here we are 5 weeks until Essie is supposed to make her arrival! I can't believe she will be here so soon. Pregnancy is going great and I think that I am pretty much ready for her to get here. I finished my long list of sewing projects to pull together her nursery. I don't normally post my finished projects or pics of me pregnant, but since we don't have a guest room, not many people are able to visit to see the nursery AND I did make a promise to Alli that I would keep her in the loop with my belly progress.... so here are a few pics.
As for the nursery... we are in the process of building a new house so I didn't bother painting the walls or doing anything to crazy. And you will notice that I have only taken pictures of one side of the room; that is because the other side has "Jillian," our elliptical machine, which will stay in the nursery until we move to our new house. I don't think Essie will care :)

Thank you Martha Stewart for teaching me how to make a paper pom pom, though, they aren't nearly as good as yours.

I sewed fabric to the bottom of cream linen curtains that I already had. And, since Miriam is still using her Lazy Boy recliner that we got when she was born, I decided to just make a rocking chair that we already had a little more comfortable. The last thing we need in this house is more furniture!


This is what I call my "fabric art." On yellow polka dot fabric, I appliqued her name, reverse appliqued the tree with burlap, glued felt leaves and a felt bird, and hand stitched the border with pink yarn. Then, I stapled the fabric to a painters canvas and nailed it inside a frame.
I had a lot of fun doing it and I think it is my favorite part of her nursery.

Obviously, the changing table... Kady wanted to be in the picture.

I used the same fabric from the long curtains to make a valance.

The next few pictures are of her crib and bedding. I made the bumper, but I left the sheet and crib skirt to BabysRus!




The room ALMOST complete. I am in the process of making her mobile which I am copying from one on Etsy. I will post that when I am finished.

Here is the belly picture... this was about a month ago so just add a few pounds and you will have a good idea of what I look like right now :).









No comments: